Hello and welcome to the Newton’s Nook Designs 9th Annual Sweet Treats Blog Hop!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Team is hopping along today to share some great Sweet Treats – just in time for Valentines day! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole list and hop along and comment for a chance to win!
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a cute little sour cream containers! This die cut project is very easy and quick to recreate! And it can be personalized with a customized tag and filled your favorite treats! Ready to start? Valentine’s Day is approaching so fast! LOL!!!
Step By Step Instructions:
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR SAFETY REASONS I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE USE OF LIQUID GLUE FOR ASSEMBLING THE CONTAINERS WHEN YOU FILL THEM WITH EDIBLE TREATS! USE A STRONG DOUBLE SIDE TAPE INSTEAD!
- Die cut a scalloped frame for the container base, using Love & Chocolate Paper Pad, Frames & Flags Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim the scalloped edge from both short sides of the die cut frame. I used Tonic Studios – Tim Holtz – 8.5 Inch Comfort Trimmer.
- Score both long scalloped edges at 3/8″ mark.
- Apply 1/4″ double side tape from the back on both long sides of the frame plus on one short side. Do not remove the r!elease paper!
- Start assembling the container by glueing together the short edges of the frame to form a tube.
- Then seal one scalloped edge.
- Fill in the container with your sweet treats and seal the second scalloped edge rotating the container at 90 degrees.
- Create the decorative tags, using Circle Frames Die Set and Heart Frames Die Set.
- Punch a hole in each tag and tie a twine in a bow.
- Adhere the tags to the containers with any adhesive you have on hand.
- Share the handmade kindness by giving the sweet containers to the loved ones!!!
I also filmed a short video for you, illustrating the creative process! Feel free to watch it below!!
Sweet Treats SALE!
As an extra treat to you, Newton’s Nook Designs is celebrating with a SALE! Use code TREAT to receive 15% off your order this weekend! Now through Monday, February 6th at www.newtonsnookdesigns.com
Enter to Win! Sweet Treats Blog Hop Prizes!
NND will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, February 5th at 9 pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, February 6th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <— you’re here
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a fantastic day!!!
Tatiana these are just the cutest treats!
Hi, Tatiana – I’d love to see a reel of you making these. They are ADORABLE and SO BEAUTIFUL!! TFS – Love the NND elements!
Lori S in PA
I love the adorable treats!
These are so sweet!
These are absolutely adorable! I’m going to make them this weekend. Thank you so much for sharing!
These are wonderful! I love the papers you used and the tiny little tags are the perfect finishing touch! Thank you so much for sharing!
I love the treat gift you made was awesome. Thanks for sharing
Wonderful treat containers with use of the wonderful cardstock.
These boxes are sooo cute! I LOVE the papers!
These are so stinkin cute. I love them!
These are so cute and fun with the papers you used.
So colorful and fun! Great idea.
What adorable treat holders!
I love these cute treat containers! Such fun paper designs!
very cute and fun!
😍😍😍 I know what I’d be purchasing if I won lol. If not, on my wishlist they go!
Adorable! And we know that Newton’s Nook paper is strong enough for any paper crafting project, besides super cute!
Love the “milk cartons”. they will be
familiar to the kids and fun to open.
thanks for sharing.
What an adorable way of gifting little treats! Love them!
These are perfect to give to friends. I LOVE the papers you used.
Oh how sweet!! I love those papers!!
I had to pop over to You Tube to see these come together. They are much simpler than I was making it out to be in my head lol.
I love these with that paper! The video was helpful! Thanks!