Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I’m sharing the cutest panda card that came out by mixing and matching some “old” and “new” products along with the fun double stenciling technique and basic copic coloring! If you follow my posts, you might have noticed that I often use Neenah Solar White paper both for stamping and card bases because I like to have the same shade of white on all elements. This little trick adds an extra professional finish touch to your projects! However, I have recently got my hands on Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock and played a bit with this new to me product! First of all, this cardstock perfectly matches the white of Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock! Secondly it’s super smooth like Bristol paper what makes the ink blending easy peasy! So if you’re a fan of alcohol markers, you can mix and match these two different types of paper on the same card!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- Pandtastic Painters Stamp Set (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Pandtastic Painters Dies (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Wonderful Windows Masquerade Stencil (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Build-a-Bamboo Stencil (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Marker Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Memo Tape (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Alcohol Friendly Cardstock all the elements you need, using the coordinating Pandtastic Painters Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Pandtastic Painters Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pandas W00-W0-W1-W2-W3-W4-W5-W7
- bamboo branches YG01-YG09
- bamboo leaves G00-G02-G09
- pink RV000-RV00-RV10-RV13
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Secure the Wonderful Windows Masquerade Stencil with a low tack tape on the card front, following the guide lines on the stencil for a perfect alignment, and ink the open areas with Twisted Citron Distress and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide inks, using the blending brush to achieve a soft and smooth result.
- Without lifting up the Wonderful Windows Masquerade Stencil, quickly mask the edges of two inked squares to prevent the neighboring areas from cross contamination and add first bamboo branches with Twisted Citron Distress ink and then some leaves with Lucky Clover Distress ink.
- Keep the Wonderful Windows Masquerade Stencil in place and splatter the inked squares with Twisted Citron Distress ink and a white gouache both diluted with a small amount of water.
- Finally lift up the stencil and let the background air dry.
- Stamp the sentiment from Pandtastic Painters Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, using Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape to add a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you this fun and cute bamboo card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!