Hello and welcome to the Newton’s Nook Designs 7th Annual Sweet Treats Blog Hop!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Team is hopping along today to share some great Sweet Treats – just in time for Valentines day! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole list and hop along and comment for a chance to win!
On my stop of this hop you’ll find two very simple ideas how to give a cute personalized touch to lollipops. Both projects are easy to mass produce plus the price point of these sweet treats is really low so you can prepare a bunch for your friends, colleagues and children! Ready to start? Valentine’s Day is approaching so fast! LOL!!!
- Heart Frames Die Set
- Slimline Frames & Windows Die Set
- Love & Chocolate Stamp Set
- Tumbling Hearts Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim 5 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ piece from a colorful cardstock.
- Score it at 2 1/2″ and 3″ marks and fold. The final folded piece measures 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″.
- Die cut a stitched square from Slimline Frames & Windows Die Set and inked it through Tumbling Hearts Stencil. On my projects I used Spun Sugar and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks.
- Adhere the square to the base and flick some tiny droplets of Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine.
- Die cut a scalloped frame from the same color you used for the base and heat emboss in white the sentiment from Love & Chocolate Stamp Set.
- Adhere the heart to the base.
- Add 2 holes towards the bottom part of the folded base with a 1/4″ hole punch.
- Insert the lollipop inside and secure it with a gold twine.
Step By Step Instructions:
PLEASE NOTE THAT I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO APPLY LIQUID GLUE DIRECTLY ON THE LOLLIPOPS FOR SECURITY REASONS!
- Die cut a scalloped circle from a light pink cardstock using Circle Frames Die Set.
- Die cut another slightly bigger circle from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a bright pink heart using Candy Heart Die Set and heat emboss in white the sentiment from Candy Heart Stamp Set.
- Ink the scalloped circle through Tumbling Hearts Stencil with Spun Sugar Distress ink.
- Assemble all the elements together, adding a silver thread underneath the heart.
Sweet Treats Blog Hop Giveaway!
Would you like to win a $25 store credit to Newton’s Nook Designs online shop?
Newton’s Nook is giving them out to TWO lucky winners!
Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Monday, February 8th at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Tuesday, February 9th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <— you’re here
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a fantastic day!!!