Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new Valentine’s Day themed products that the NND Design Team and I are sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new Holiday products will be available for purchase on Friday, January 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of the January release has reserved us my favorite kitty illustration by NND in new stunning Newton’s Heart Stamp Set! In case you’re interested there’s the coordinating Newton’s Heart Die Set too!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Newton’s Heart stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a watercolored cutie with a super easy background made from the new pattern paper. I added a very quick and simple personalized touch to the background just inking some big hearts with the matching pink ink! As a final touch I decided to pair the kitty illustration with some sweet treats!
- Newton’s Heart Stamp Set
- Newton’s Heart Die Set
- Love & Chocolate Stamp Set
- Love & Chocolate Die Set
- Love & Woofs Paper Pad
- Bokeh Hearts Stencil Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Newton’s Heart Die Set, Love & Chocolate Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Newton’s Heart Stamp Set and Love & Chocolate Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
DESIGNER’S TIP: Please, note that I recommend to stamp the sentiment after coloring to ensure black bold and crisp outlines.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. On this card I used ZIG CLEAN COLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- 024 Wine Red
- 025 Pink
- 036 Light Blue
- 060 Brown
- 061 Light Brown
- 067 Mustard
- 073 Vanilla
- 201 Pink Haze
- 220 Tea Rose
- Stamp the sentiment from Newton’s Heart Stamp Set in the center of the heart with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller heart patterned rectangle from Love & Woofs Paper Pad.
- Secure layer #1 from Bokeh Hearts Stencil Set with a low tack tape on the background and ink it with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush.
- Wrap a craft twine around the pattern paper and tie a bow.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
Would you like to win the “Newton’s Heart” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 20th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!