Hello and welcome!
Today I’m sharing a colorful birthday card made from the rubber stamps by Purple Onion Designs.
I kept everything very simple, just watercoloring the cute illustrations with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and then inked a cheerful and colorful background with Distress inks. To add a bit of interest, I splatted the background with water droplets.
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- Bugsy (Bunny carrying balloon & gift)
- Milly (Garden Hedgehog)
- Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers
- VersaFine Onyx Black Pigment Ink
- Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer
- Mini Score Board
- Cutter Bee – Scissors
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- Strathmore Bristol Paper
- Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Strathmore Bristol paper Bugsy (Bunny carrying balloon & gift) and Milly (Garden Hedgehog) with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. On this card I used ZIG CLEAN COLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- 023 Scarlet Red
- 027 Dark Pink
- 028 Pale Pink
- 201 Pink Haze
- 050 Yellow
- 054 Pale Orange
- 061 Light Brown
- 067 Mustard
- 073 Vanilla
- 082 Purple
- 901 Warm Gray 2
- 902 Natural Gray
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a stripe of black and white pattern paper.
- Trim a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock 4 1/4″ width for the background.
- Ink it with Distress inks, using the blending brushes:
- Splatter the inked background with some water droplets from Distress Sprayer.
- Stamp the sentiment from Let’s Celebrate Sentiment Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish by adding a generous coat of Glossy Accents on the balloon.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this colorful and cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!