Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me throughout this week and for all your sweet and kinds comments, love and support!
Please note that all the new Holiday products will be available for purchase tomorrow on Friday, January 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The last day of the January reveals is all about cats! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SO MUCH the adorable new Never Enough Cats Stamp Set for piles of happy illustrations, the perfect size for extended A2 size card fronts paired with lots of cuteness!!! As always, there’s the coordinating Never Enough Cats Die Set, if you need it!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Never Enough Cats stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a very simple card with a pinkish inked background and basic copic coloring! I kept the main focus on the stunning illustration and purposely didn’t add many additional elements except of the tone on tone sparkling hearts just as something little extra!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Never Enough Cats Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Never Enough Cats Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin E000-E00-E11-BV00
- hair E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- red R30-R32-R35
- yellow YR30-YR31-Y32-YR24
- brown #1 E0000-E30-E31-E34
- brown #2 W00-E70-E71-E74
- brown #2 E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- gray #1 W00-W1-W3-W5-W7
- gray #2 (shadows) T0-T1-T3
- ears & cheeks R000-R00-R01-R12
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a Bristol paper since it’s smooth and makes the ink blending easier.
- Ink the panel with Distress Oxide inks, using the blending brushes to achieve easily smooth blending. I used:
- Secure Petite Hearts Stencil with a low tack tape on the inked background and spread Moonstone Glimmer Paste from Nuvo from top toward bottom. Carefully lift up the stencil and let the embossing paste air dry.
- Die cut a Speech Bubble from a black cardstock.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Never Enough Cats Stamp Set. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
Would you like to win the “Never Enough Cats” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 20th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!