Hello and welcome to the Newton’s Nook Designs 8th Annual Sweet Treats Blog Hop!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Team is hopping along today to share some great Sweet Treats – just in time for Valentines day! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole list and hop along and comment for a chance to win!
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a sweet treat holder! This die cut project is very easy and quick to recreate! And it can be personalized with a customized tag and filled your favorite treats! Ready to start? Valentine’s Day is approaching so fast! LOL!!!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut the following elements, using Heart Frames Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine:
- two big faux stitched hearts from a red cardstock. I used The Stamp Market Cherry Kisses cardstock.
- two big scalloped hearts from Love & Meows Paper Pad.
- Trim and score the holder structure like showcased on the picture bellow.
- Assemble the treat holder by first adhering the patterned hearts to the bigger red hearts; then the bottom piece to the holder sides; and finally glue the structure to the back part of the hearts. You can use both liquid adhesive like Distress Collage Medium Matte or Tombow – Mono Multi Liquid Glue or a double sided tape.
- Embellish the treat holder with a tag by adhering:
- a white stitched circle die cut from Neenah Solar White paper with Circle Frames Die Set;
- a small circle red tag die cut with Tags Times Two Die Set;
- a pink heart die cut from The Stamp Market Cotton Candy cardstock with Circle Frames Die Set;
- a small light blue heart die cut from Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue cardstock with Darling Hearts Die Set;
- a sentiment die cut from a foiled cardstock with Darling Hearts Die Set.
- Don’t forget to tie a twine on the circle red tag before adhering it to the holder!!!
- Fill in the holder with sweet treats and give it to the loved one!!!
Sweet Treats SALE!
As an extra treat to you, NND is celebrating with a SALE! Use code TREAT to receive 15% off your order this weekend! Now through Sunday, February 6th at www.newtonsnookdesigns.com
Enter to Win! Sweet Treats Blog Hop Prizes!
We will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member and Guest blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Sunday, February 5th at 9 pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Monday, February 7th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <— you’re here
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! Have a fantastic day!!!
I luv all things heart shaped. Have the heart frames dies. TY for the great detailed directions with pictures.
Will definitely try it.
When I first saw the picture, I thought, “Wow, that’s so pretty, but I could never do that!” But after reading your directions and seeing the pictures, I really think I can! Thanks!
Love this box. A fun way to present treats
and a keepsake to hold other items after
the candy is gone. thanks for the direections.
This is such a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing the measurements too! I just love the possibilities with this! It’s wonderful!
What a cute treat box you made. I love the design, and the papers you used. It’s really adorable
super project for treats – TFShowing how you created it – so fabulous
oh wow – thanks for sharing how you made this amazing looking treat box – I am going try this – thanks for the inspiration
Beautiful heart box! I love it!
OH, love this! Thanks for the pattern on the heart box! Really great idea!
These is such a fun project!
Very cute treat holder with the heart shape.
I adore your heart shaped treat box! Thanks for supplying all of the details – I think this would be fun to make!
Great treat box!
such a cute heart box, so sweet!
Cute heart box.
Such a creative idea! I love that you can pick any small treat to put inside.
Fun treat container. thanks for the instructions and inspiration.
Wow!! How gorgeous is this heart treat holder. I love this super sweet fun project. Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration.
I want that candy! haha haha
A great project!
Adorable treat holder! Love the cute paper and layering!
Very pretty! Thank you for the instructions!
Thanks for the template to make this beauty! I love it!!
what a fun way to give a Valentine treat (or for any
oh this is so lovely !
What a nice size for a sweet treat holder. Love the use of blue.
Such a cutie idea! Thank you!
Nice project share. I like the idea for the holder. Thanks for the build information.
Adorable treat box! So creative…
Thanks for sharing.
What an adorable candy heart holder!!