Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a cute doggy card with a special little gift for the recipient that features All Booked Up Stamp Set!
Today I came up with a fun project, creating a card with a bookmark that the recipient can pull away and use on its own! Love the idea to make something more than just a plain card and include a little gift inside the envelope! “Partially” is a key word for this project since I first partially die cut the bookmark to fit an extended A2 size card and then partially adhered two elements (the fish-tail banner and the glasses) on both sides of the bookmark to create a quick and easy bookmark holders. Please, keep reading the step-by-step instructions below if you want to recreate this project!
- All Booked Up Stamp Set
- All Booked Up Die Set
- Bookmark Die Set
- Frames & Flags Die Set
- Petite Paw Prints Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Partially die cut from Neenah Solar White paper the bookmark to fit an A2 size card (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″), using Bookmark Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from All Booked Up Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamp a couple of times to achieve black, crisp outlines.
- Stamp also two glasses from All Booked Up Stamp Set with the same Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the same Neenah Solar White paper and die cut them with the coordinating All Booked Up Die Set.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- dog E50-E51-E53-E55E57-E59 & YR30-YR31-YR23
- teal BG10-BG11-BG13-BG15
- blue BG000-BG01-BG02-BG05
- red YR20-R11-R12-R24
- grey W00-W0-W3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a light grey cardstock. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock.
- Secure the Petite Paw Prints Stencil with a low tack tape on the grey rectangle and spread a white embossing paste all across, helping yourself with a palette knife. Let the embossing paste air dry. Don’t forget to clean immediately the stencil with warm water and some liquid soap.
- Partially die cut a fish-tail banner from Cherry On Top cardstock, using Frames & Flags Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white the matching sentiment from All Booked Up Stamp Set onto the banner with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange the bookmark on the card front and partially adhere the red banner on the left side and the glasses on the right to create a bookmark holder. Use the tiny glue dots instead of a liquid glue to be precise and rise up a bit the bookmark holders.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen, some white accents added with a white gel pen and a red twine.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun card with a special gift for the recipient! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!