Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a cute and sweet love card purr-fect for San Valentine’s Day or just to send a message for a friend!
My todays’ card turned out simple and cute! I decided to feature the super adorable kitty from Knead Kittens Stamp Set! LOVE so much that cutie! I colored the stamp with copic markers, trying to highlight the illustration with bright colors! Then I created two layout elements that look neutral and soft to create a contrast. To fill in the empty spaces, I used the coordinating dies to die cut some small hearts that completed the layout!
- Knead Kittens Stamp Set
- Knead Kittens Die Set
- Never Enough Cats Stamp Set
- Never Enough Cats Die Set
- Circle Frames Die Set
- Petite Paw Prints Stencil
- Petite Hearts Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut the cat and the bubble speech shapes from Neenah Solar White paper, using Knead Kittens Die Set, Never Enough Cats Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Knead Kittens Stamp Set and Never Enough Cats Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat C00-C0-C1-C3-C5
- loaf YR30-Y21-YR23-YR27-YR27
- red R000-R11-R12-R14
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a 3 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ rectangle from a light gray cardstock. I picked Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock.
- Secure Petite Paw Prints Stencil on the gray background with a lock tack tape and spread a white embossing paste all across. Carefully lift up the stencil and let the embossing paste air dry well.
- Die cut a stitched circle from a light pink cardstock, using Circle Frames Die Set. I picked The Stamp Market Blush cardstock.
- Secure Petite Hearts Stencil on the pink circle with a lock tack tape. Mix a clear glitter embossing parte like Lawn Fawn Fairy Dust Stencil Paste with a tiny amount of a white embossing paste on a slick surface. Help yourself with the Palette Knives. Then spread the mixed paste all over.
- Heat emboss in white on pink the sentiment from Knead Kittens Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink and Hero Arts White Embossing Powder. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it! My bright pink cardstock is Lawn Fawn – Guava.
- Die cut three matching pink small hearts with the coordinating dies from Knead Kittens Die Set and Never Enough Cats Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, a few highlights added with a white gel pen, a coat of Glossy Accents and some matching sequins from Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix adhered with Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute love card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!