Hello and happy Easter!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a sweet and pretty Easter themed card featuring amazing Spring Roundabout Stamp Set and super fun Bunny Tails Stencil Set from the latest February collection.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper a big circle illustration from Spring Roundabout Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and stamp the spring image a couple of times to have solid black outlines.
- Die cut the stamp, using a faux stitched circle die from Circle Frames Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- yellow Y0000-Y00-Y11-Y13-Y21
- orange Y35-Y17-YR04
- pink RV00-RV10-RV02-RV13
- green YG0000-YG01-YG05
- teal BG10-BG11-BG32
- violet V20-BV02
- brown E30-E31-E33
- grey W00-W0-W2-W4
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from the same Spring Roundabout Stamp Set and fussy cut it with a pair of sharp small scissors.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Ink the card front through the layer #1 from Bunny Tails Stencil Set with VersaMark ink for a tone on tone look.
- Align the layer #2 from Bunny Tails Stencil Set, using the guide lines, and ink little bunny tails with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide.
- Flick some tiny brown and white droplets from a small brush on the card front, using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink and a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Wrap a natural twine around the card front and tie a bow.
- Pop the colored circle on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Arrange and glue in place the sentiment.
- Finish with a couple of clear iridescent sequins added with Distress Collage Medium Matte for a nice and clean result.
That’s all for today! Wishing everyone a happy and blessed Easter! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!