Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me throughout this week and for al your kind and sweet comments! I appreciate so so so much all your love and support!!!
All the new January products will be available for purchase tomorrow on Friday, January 21st at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The last day of the January release has reserved us fantastic Love Bots Stamp Set filled with fun illustrations and stunning puns! In case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Love Bots Die Set.
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Love Bots stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a cute love card where I mixed and matched a few products from the new release, creating a quick and simple card front with the patterned paper; a fun layout with the stitched cuts from new A7 die set; a subtle tone-on-tone background using heart stencil. Finally I added the adorable illustrations from Love Bots Stamp Set that were watercolored with water based markers.
- Love Bots Stamp Set
- Love Bots Die Set
- A7 Frames & Banners Die Set
- Petite Hearts Stencil
- Love & Meows Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Love Bots Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Love Bots Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color all the elements with water based markers, making the blending with a small water brush. I used ZIG CLEAN COLOR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- n.22 Carmine Red
- n.29 Geranium Red
- n.31 Cobalt Blue
- n.47 May Green
- n.71 Flesh Colour
- n.91 Light Gray
- n.94 Brown Gray
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from Love & Meows Paper Pad.
- Die cut three stitched rectangles for the layout from Neenah Solar White paper with a frame from A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Tape them to the back side of the Petite Hearts Stencil with a low tack tape and spread a white pearl embossing paste all across. I used Deco Foil Metallix Gel in White Pearl Color. Lift up the stencil and let the paste air dry.
- Die cut a fish-tail banner from a black cardstock, using A7 Frames & Banners Die Set.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win the “Love Bots” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 20th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 21st.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like today’s cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!