Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a sweet and cute love card that features one of my ever favorite kitty couples from Newton’s Sweetheart Stamp Set. I kept everything clean and simple, inking the soft matching love background with Distress inks and then highlighting the wonderful kitty illustration with a simple copic coloring!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Newton’s Sweetheart Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Sweetheart Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- male cat E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- female cat E50-E51-E53-E55
- pink RV00-RV10-RV02-RV04
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR02
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y13-Y15
- gray T0-T1-T3
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim approx. 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Bristol paper since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White.
- Ink it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress, Spiced Marmalade Distress, Kitsch Flamingo Distress inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve a smooth and soft result.
- Tape well Petite Herats Stencil on top of the inked rectangle with a low tack tape and add the heart pattern, using the same Distress inks for a tone-on-tone look.
- Lift up the stencil and splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray to add some interest.
- Frame the inked background with a faux stitched rectangle die from Frames & Flags Die Set.
- Stamp the sentiment with the same Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen and some highlight added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like sweet love card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!