Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I came up with a fun and cute birthday card that is focusing on the most adorable monkeys from Chimply The Best Stamp Set and a simple multi colour stencil technique that illustrates how to add quickly different shades to the stencil using Heffy Memo Tape! I was using this tape for some months by now and really love it!!! It became a must have on my craft desk! It’s a low tack tape that is perfect for many techniques, it comes as a wide roll and what is most important it doen’t leave any sticky residue or imprint on your card! On today’s card I used amazing UnbeLEAFable Stencil and made a real quick masking with just some pieces of Memo Tape to delimit every single area and prevent cross contamination of the neighbouring areas!
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Neenah Solar White Paper
- MISTI Stamping Positioning Tool
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine
- Heffy Doodle Alcohol Friendly Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Memo Tape (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Alcohol Friendly Cardstock all the elements you need, using the coordinating Chimply The Best Dies and Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Chimply The Best Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- chimps E30-E31-E33-E35 & E000-E00-E01-E02 & R20 (blush)
- bright green YG00-YG01-YG05
- olive green YG93-YG95-YG97
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Tape well UnbeLEAFable Stencil on the card front with Heffy Memo Tape. Then mask a single leaf with the same Memo Tape and ink it with Distress inks alternating:
- Splatter some dark green droplets all across, using Rustic Wilderness Distress ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Die cut from a vellum a faux stitched rectangle, using Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Trim three small rectangles of Neenah Solar White paper big enough to fit the “birthday” word die from Happy Birthday Shadow Heffy Cuts:
- adhere a double sided adhesive sheet on the back side of one piece;
- color the other piece with YG00-YG01-YG05 copic markers.
- Die cut three times the “birthday” word die from Happy Birthday Shadow Heffy Cuts and stack all three layers together with Glubert – Craft Glue, placing the adhesive piece as a bottom layer and the colored die as a top one.
- Cut apart the sentiment from Chimply The Best Stamp Set with the sharp small scissors.
- Heat emboss in white onto black two parts of the sentiment with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Glue in place all the elements on the card front with Glubert – Craft Glue and a foam tape.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and cute birthday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!