Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me today! I’m sharing a sweet spring scene featuring a mix of “old” and “new” rubber stamps by Purple Onion Designs! This fun card came up together with the illustrations from three different designers – Stacey Yacula, Julian Charlton and Shari Bresciani – that have a totally different style. However I love so much how all the elements stay together! Besides, the cute little deer was originally meant for a holiday/ winter collection, but, as you can see, can fit all year round occasions al long as a fabulous birch background!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Transotype Perfect Colouring paper Darla (Deer), Birch Tree Background, Clouds and a couple of small flowers from Lottie’s Gang – Flower Friends with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the outlines.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- deer E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- birches W00-W0-W1-W3
- flowers RV00-RV10-RV02-RV04
- grass YG0000-YG00-YG01
- Heat emboss in white onto black “hello” sentiment from Sweet Occasions Sentiment Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Die cut three times the word “hello” from Neenah Solar White paper, using SugarPea Designs Hello SugarCut.
- Color one word die with copic markers and then stack all three layers together with a liquid adhesive that dies clear and matte like Distress Collage Medium Matte. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the card front with Spun Sugar Distress and Kitsch Flamingo Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a nice and smooth result.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and glue them in place by popping some on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!