Hello and welcome!
I’m so happy you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog sharing a cute and colorful card featuring one of my favorite stamp sets with kitty illustrations.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp the cutest kitty in the hot air balloon from Newton Dreams of Paris Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Copic X-Press paper.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used in this project:
- cat E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35E37 plus C0-C3
- basket E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- Fussy cut the illustration with sharp small scissors leaving a little white edge around.
- Ink a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock with:
- Flick some tiny drops of a pearlescent solution and a few colorful splatters on the inked background.
- Frame the piece with a faux stitched rectangle from Frames & Flags Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine with all the dies.
- Cut apart the background using a stitched curved line from Land Borders Die Set.
- Die cut the word “MEOW” 2 times from a white cardstock and once from a white glitter paper using Pawprint Shaker Die Set. My glitter layer comes from DCWV Glitter Metallic Paper pad.
- Adhere all three layers together. I used Distress Collage Medium Matte for a nice and clean result.
- Heat emboss in white on black the tiny sentiment “Merci” from Newton Dreams of Paris Stamp Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of clear glitter pen and a few sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute and sweet card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!