Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook May release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today since I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new May products will be available for purchase on Friday, May 19th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
I’m SO SO SO EXCITED to introduce you today a brand new line of hot foil products from Newton’s Nook! They came up with a very clever and just amazing fireflies themed bundle that include Fireflies Hot Foil Plates and Dies, Jar Hot Foil Plate & Die, Bright Sentiments Hot Foil Plates. Plus there is a wonderful coordinating Banner Duo Die Set that die cut perfectly all the hot foil sentiments!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new “Fireflies” Hot Foil Plates & Dies to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
I’m so happy about new hot foil products from Newton’s Nook since I got the hot foil system some months ago and hadn’t had a chance to hot foil much! So I just enjoyed experimenting a bit with different colors of foil and types of paper. So far I got the best results with Spellbinders Glimmer Specialty Cardstock. However I find that it’s difficult to color and ink since this synthetic cardstock has a very smooth and slick surface. I also tried to use my ever favorite Neenah Solar White paper and I had a luck to get the perfectly foiled sentiment for this card. I will try more options in the future and will share more info about hot foiling on my site soon!
- Fireflies Hot Foil Plates and Dies
- Jar Hot Foil Plate & Die
- Bright Sentiments Hot Foil Plates
- Banner Duo Die Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Hot foil all the elements you need, following the instructions of your hot foil system and using Fireflies Hot Foil Plates, Jar Hot Foil Plate and a gold foil. You will need a hot foil system and a die cutting machine for this new products. I used:
- Hot foil the sentiment on Neenah Solar White paper, using the same gold foil.
- Die cut all the elements with the coordinating dies, using Fireflies Dies, Jar Die, Banner Duo Die Set.
- Inks the sentiment banner with Black Soot Distress ink, using a Mini Ink Blending Tool. Wipe off the extra ink from the gold letters with a soft cloth.
- Add some color to the fireflies and the jar with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- blue B0000-B00-B32-B37
- teal BG10-BG13
- yellow Y02
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller panel from the same Neenah Solar White paper and ink it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide, Prize Ribbon Distress Oxide and Black Soot Distress inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth transition between the colors.
- Splatter all the inked background with some tiny drops of a white gouache to add more interest.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of Trinity Stamps gold half pearls adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
Would you like to win the “Fireflies” Hot Foil Plates & Dies? This hot foiling set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday May 18th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun card with metallic hot foil details! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!