Hello and welcome!
Today I came up with a super cheerful and bright project! To start, I colored the stamps with copic markers, creating soft transitions between different colors to add a bit of interest to the autumn leaves! I inked a simple background within the same color scheme and then simply popped the stamps on top without overthinking about a tricky layout!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Autumn Mice Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Autumn Mice Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- mice E40-E41-E42
- red R0000-R00-R30-R32-R35-R89
- yellow Y02-Y15-Y38
- orange YR04-YR09-YR27
- green YG00-YG01-YG06-G09
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Die cut a scalloped panel from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Frames & Flags Die Set.
- Secure Falling Leaves Stencil on the scalloped panel with a low tack tape and ink it with Distress Oxide inks, using the blending brushes to achieve a soft and smooth transition between the colors. I used:
- Lift up the stencil and keep blending the background with the same shades of Distress Oxide inks, keeping your hand much lighter.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a generous coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen and a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet fall card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!