Hello and welcome!
I’ve popped in to send a HUGE congrats to Purple Onion Designs for their 20th Anniversary! YAY!!! This is such a milestone for a small family business company that keeps providing you with the high quality rubber stamps and the most adorable, whimsical and cute illustrations! Purple Onion Designs celebrates their birthday with a BIG SALE this year! All rubber stamps will be 25% off on their website, this includes the items in the sale & clearance section as well!
Today I’m sharing a SEA themed card on my blog created with some stamps from the Purple Onion Designs new 2023 summer release! The stunning “Charmed By The Sea” collection of rubber stamps is designed by Stacey Yacula and includes a lot of adorable sea and summer themed illustrations that will suit everybody’s taste!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Morton, Wood Post Set, and Wharf Accessories Set stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- raccoon W00-W0-W1-W3-W5-W7
- seagulls BG70-C00-C1-C4
- yellow Y0000-Y000-Y11-Y13-Y15-Y17
- red R000-R01-R02-R05-R08
- blue B0000-B21-B24-B26
- lobster traps E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- wood posts E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- black 100
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board on my card.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor cardstock and ink it at an angle, using blending brushes for a smooth result, with:
- Splatter the inked background with some dots of water and a white gouache to add a bit of interest.
- Trim a piece of a black and white striped patter paper.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the first part of the sentiment from Seaside Sentiment Set, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the second part of the sentiment directly on the inked background with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!