Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook May release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new May products will be available for purchase on Friday, May 19th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The second day of the new reveals has reserved us beautiful cacti in Succulent Garden Stamp Set! I just adore to play with these wonderful plants! In case you’re interested, there’s the coordinating Succulent Garden Die Set as weel. And just to stay on topic, NND adds amazing Trailing Leaves Stencil to their collection!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Succulent Garden Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
It’s been a while since I used kraft cardstock for my card base and those fantastic succulents seemed to look really pretty against kraft! Plus all those cacti were so much fun to color, experimenting different green copic color combos. On my card Each succulent has a different green shade plus a pop of color on the leaf tops arranged in a rainbow order, of course!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Succulent Garden Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Succulent Garden Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card, starting from left to right:
- succulent #1 YG40-YG20-YG21-YG24-YG28 & R0000-R30-R32
- berries R35-R46
- succulent #2 YG0000-YG93-YG95-YG97 & YR0000-YR00-YR02-Y17
- succulent #3 YG00-YG01-YG06 & Y11-Y13-Y18
- succulent #4 G0000-G00-G02-G05 & BG11-BG13
- succulent #5 YG00-YG01-YG25-YG67 & B000-B00-B02
- succulent #6 YG11-Yg13-YG17 & BV000-BV02
- succulent #7 G20-G12-G14-G16 & V000-V05
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from a kraft cardstock. I used Neenah Desert Storm cardstock, Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a green striped piece of pattern paper from Springtime Paper Pad.
- Repeatedly heat emboss in white on a stripe of red cardstock the sentiment from Succulent Garden Stamp Set. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Quickly mask the bottom part of the card front with any piece of scrap paper and splatter some tiny drops of a white gouache on the card front to add more interest.
- Finish with a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win the “Succulent Garden” Stamp Set ? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday May 18th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, May 19th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!
What a cute card–sweet colors!
Its so very pretty card!
Great card, the Kraft is a perfect background for Succulents!
Your card is really beautiful!!!! I love how you colored the succulents!!!
Love the fun sentiment and the way you colored these pretty succulents!
I love your coloring of the succulents!
Great design with this row of colorful succulents.
So sweet! I love the cute row of succulents!
I love how you used bluish green on the succulents! Also love the new foil jar, fireflies and word set for glimmer machine!