Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new Valentine’s Day themed products that the NND Design Team and I are sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new Holiday products will be available for purchase on Friday, January 20th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Are you a dog person? If so, you just cannot miss this pile of the cutest puppies released today! The new stamp set is called Never Enough Dogs, it has a perfect size for regular A2 cards and can cover many occasion around a year! As always, there’s the coordinating Never Enough Dogs Die Set, if you need it!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Never Enough Dogs stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a sweet and cute card with a very simple copic coloring! I decided to cover the whole card front with the matching dog themed pattern, using the new paper pad from the January release. I gave a little personalized touch to the background with a couple of white paw prints. Then I created a soft inked panel to go behind the dogs where I simply stamped the sentiment.
- Never Enough Dogs Stamp Set
- Never Enough Dogs Die Set
- Love & Woofs Paper Pad
- Frames & Flags Die Set
- Pawprints Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Never Enough Dogs Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Never Enough Dogs Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamp with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- skin E000-E00-E11-BV00
- hair E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- teal BG10-BG11-BG13
- blue B00-B01-B05
- red R32-R35-R37
- yellow YR30-YR31-Y32-YR24
- brown #1 W00-E70-E71-E74
- brown #2 E50-E51-E53-E55
- brown #3 E30-E31-E33-E34-E35
- gray (shadows) T0-T1-T3
- black W1-W3-W5-W7
- dog noses RV63
- dog ears R000-R00-R12
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ paw patterned rectangle from Love & Woofs Paper Pad.
- Secure Pawprints Stencil with a low tack tape on the pattern paper and add a couple of paw prints in the top left and bottom right corners with a white embossing paste. Carefully lift up the stencil and let the embossing paste air dry.
- Die cut from a Bristol paper a stitched rectangle, using Frames & Flags Die Set.
- Ink it with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide, Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide, Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks. Use the blending brushes to achieve easily smooth blending.
- Splatter the inked background with some tiny drops of Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide ink and a white gouache both diluted with a small amount of water.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping some on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
Would you like to win the “Never Enough Dogs” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 20th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!