Hello there and happy Friday!!!
Thanks so much for joining me! I’m so excited to be on the Crafty Meraki blog today with a lovely floral watercolor card featuring one of my favorite techniques – heat embossing – and beautiful floral cluster from You Inspire Me Stamp Set.
The idea behind this project was to use the same technique – heat embossing – and the same color of the embossing powder – gold – but to emphasize two completely different looks – metallic gold embossing on dark background vs. watercolor image on white background. I kept clean and simple the rest of the layout as well as the coloring and just added a bit of dimension by adhering the colored cluster and the sentiment with a foam tape.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put a generous coat of an antistatic powder on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Paper, ink the flower cluster from You Inspire Me Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink and stamp the image. If you use a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to achieve solid outlines.
- Sprinkle a super fine gold embossing powder all across the stamped flowers, heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Color the whole image with water based markers, using a water brush for blending. I used TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- reds 873, 905
- greens 133, 126
- Die cut the flower cluster, using the coordinating You Inspire Me Die Set.
- Paint the stamp edges with FV2 copic marker.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel from blue-violet cardstock. I used Simon Says Stamp Blue Violet cardstock.
- Heat emboss another gold flower cluster on the bottom side of the blue-violet background following the same steps as described above.
- Heat emboss in white onto the same blue-violet paper the sentiment from You Inspire Me Stamp Set.
- Glue the background directly on the card base and pop on a foam tape the colored flowers and the sentiment.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!