Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me today! Purple Onion Designs turns 18 this month! Huge congrats for such milestone!!! I just cannot help jumping into the celebrations, creating a couple of cute projects that features my favorite stamps! On my first card I played with gorgeous “Under The Sea” collection of rubber stamps illustrated by Shari Bresciani!
SALE ALLERT! The anniversary sale starts Monday, July 26th, 2021. All rubber stamps (with a few exceptions) will be 25% off. The sale will run through Monday, August 9th, 2021. Please note that everything in the sale section is 25% off the sale prices. There are some good cheap deals!!! Yaaaay!!! Don’t miss a chance to grab your favorite stamps from Purple Onion Designs at a discounted price!
- PURPLE ONION DESIGNS STAMPS:
- Squid & Sting Ray
- Sea Horse
- Seashells & Starfish
- Saltwater Fish Set
- Tropical Fish Set (Stripes & Spikes)
- Sea-timents Set
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper the sea critters from Octopus, Crab, Squid & Sting Ray, Sea Horse, Seashells & Starfish, Saltwater Fish Set, Tropical Fish Set (Stripes & Spikes) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors right against the outlines.
- Color all the illustrations with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- red R00-R20-R21-R22-R24-R46
- orange YR000-YR61-YR65-E97-YR18
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y13-Y21-Y24-Y27-Y35
- green G0000-G00-G03-G09
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG13-BG15
- violet BV0000-BV00-BV02-BV13
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Sea-timents Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Die cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ stitched rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper, using Stitched Rectangles Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut a stitched circle in the center of the panel, using Stitched Circles Die Set.
- Ink a piece of a Bristol paper with:
- Splattered the panel with a clear shimmer spray, a white gouache and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Oxide ink diluted with a small amount of water.
- Adhere the water background directly on the card front.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping the stitched rectangle and the sentiment on a foam tape.
- Finish with some accents added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear droplets adhered with Glossy Accents.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute summer card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!