Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook Halloween release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I cannot wait to introduce you all the stunning new products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new Halloween products will be available for purchase on Thursday, September 14th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Cuteness overloads on my blog today with the adorable kitty illustration in new Candy Corn Newton Stamp Set! If you like sweet and not spooky Halloween this cutie will steal your heart for sure! Please note that you can get the coordinating Candy Corn Newton Die Set too!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Candy Corn Newton Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Today I decided to pair a couple of amazing new NND hot foil products with the stamps! So I hot foiled in gold the big spiderweb first and then inked the card front at an angle, adding some tiny colorful splatters on top! I also hot foiled the sentiment with my currently favorite for the sentiments Champagne hot foil roll since it has that pretty gold shine, but without being too yellowish like the actual gold hot foil roll. In terms of colors, I tried a pink and orange palette just to change a bit! And what about you? Do you like to stick with the traditional candy corn and Halloween colors or are you a fan of pinks as I am?
- Candy Corn Newton Stamp Set
- Candy Corn Newton Die Set
- Spiderweb Hot Foil Plate
- Spooky Sentiments Hot Foil Plates
- Banner Duo Die Set
- Halloween Meows Paper Pad
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Candy Corn Newton Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Candy Corn Newton Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. On this card I used ZIG CLEAN COLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- cat: 060 Brown – 061 Light Brown – 067 Mustard – 901 Warm Gray 2 & ears: 021 Light Carmine
- bright pink: 202 Peach Pink – 027 Dark Pink
- orange 052 Bright Yellow – 054 Pale Orange – 070 Orange – 222 Pink Flamingo
- light pink: 201 Pink Haze
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ panel from Concord and 9th White cardstock.
- Hot foil the Spiderweb Hot Foil Plate, following the instructions of your hot foil system. You will need both a hot foil system and a die cutting machine for this step. I used:
- Ink the hot foiled background with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and Dried Marigold Distress Oxide inks. Use the blending brushes to get a soft ad smooth blending.
- Splatter the inked background with tiny colorful droplets.
- Hot foil on black the Spooky Sentiments Hot Foil Plate with Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil – Glimmer Foil Roll – Champagne.
- Partially die cut the sentiment, using a fish-tail banner from Banner Duo Die Set.
- Trim a stipe of the pattern paper from Halloween Meows Paper Pad.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
Would you like to win the “Candy Corn Newton” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday September 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog post on Friday, September 15th.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun and sweet Halloween card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!