Today I am excited to be part of the 8 Year Anniversary Celebration with Newton’s Nook Designs! To celebrate this awesome milestone, Newton’s Nook Designs has released adorable new cupcake themed products, which I will be sharing on my projects today. There are prizes too! Read all the way to the end of this post to find out how you can win!
All the new July products will be available for purchase on Friday, July 16th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
I’m so excited to introduce you today two absolutely stunning products from new mini release: the sweetest Newton’s Cupcake Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Newton’s Cupcake Die Set; plus gorgeous three layer Cupcake Stencil Set that are so fun to play with!
Sale alert!! NND is offering 15% off site wide, including the goodies from the new release!!! Hurry up to grab your favorites! The offer ends at midnight ET, July 19, 2021.
On my stop of this hop you will find a sweet and cute card with a stenciled background and a simple copic colored kitty from new sets! I kept my color palette limited and the colors soft and light! I created my own pattern paper to use as a background behind the stamp by repeatedly heat embossing the small sprinkle stamp on a light pink cardstock.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper a kitty with cupcake and a cherry, using the coordinating Newton’s Cupcake Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Newton’s Cupcake Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- cat E0000-E50-E51-E53-E55-E57
- shading on paws T0-T1
- ears R000-R01
- cupcake YR20-Y21-YR21-YR23-YR24-YR27
- pink RV0000-RV00-RV10-RV02-RV04-RV19
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG13
- green G40-G43
- Stamp the sentiment in the center of the cupcake with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the card front through new Cupcake Stencil Set with:
- Don’t forget to tape well to the card base each stencil layer with a removable tape to prevent any movement and achieve a nice and clear result.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper a scalloped circle, using Circle Frames Die Set
- Die cut from a light pink cardstock a slightly smaller circle, using Sizzix Circles Dies. I used Concord & 9th Ballet Slipper cardstock.
- Repeatedly heat emboss in white onto pink the small sprinkles stamp from Newton’s Cupcake Stamp Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements, by popping some of them on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Add some extra finish touches with Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, a white gel pen and some clear sparkling sequins.
- Finish a couple of dimensional sprinkles on the cupcake, added with Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gloss White color.
Would you like to win a $50 store credit to the Newton’s Nook Designs Online Shop? We will choose TWO lucky winners! Here’s how to win:
Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs! (see list below) The winner will be chosen at random from the collective posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Monday, July 19th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Tuesday, July 20th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like my sweet card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!