Hello and welcome to Day 4 of the SugarPea Summer Product Release!
The SugarPea Designs Creative Team and I are so excited to share a few of the projects created with AMAZING NEW SUMMER products! I hope you’ll join us tomorrow for the release day because we’ll be sharing more inspiration with new products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, July 2 at 2PM EST in the SPD Store. As always, you still have a shot at winning one of GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment for your chance to win.
Please note that links to SPD store for these new products will not go LIVE until 2 PM EST on July 2, 2021..
Today’s introductions include… wonderful Nautical Notions SugarCut filled with many die cut elements that are perfect for easy masculine cards and just lovely summer themed projects! The fun sea critters from amazing new Waves of Love Stamp Set will become your favorites for sure. As always there’s the coordinating Waves of Love SugarCut to help you to die cut all the stamps.
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a nautical themed die cut project playing around traditional red, blue and white colors. I die cut a couple of times the ship wheel elements and stack all the layers together to achieve a faux chipboard look. A liquid adhesive that dries clear and matte like Distress Collage Medium Matte, is essential for this card to get the clean and professional look.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Die cut from Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock a scalloped frame, using the coordinating Stitched Scalloped Rectangles SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Pop the scalloped rectangle on foam tape in the center of the card front.
- Die cut a bunch of anchors from Neenah Solar White, Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red and Simon Says Stamp Soft Navy cardstock.
- Arrange and glue in place all the anchors with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Die cut three times ship wheel elements. Stack all the layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Die cut Ahoy SugarCut from Neenah Solar White paper and the shadow layer from vellum.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Waves of Love Stamp Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, adding a red twine.
- Finish with a couple of clear droplets.
Would you like to win a $50 Gift Voucher to our store? Leave a comment below for your chance to win. TWO lucky commenters will be randomly selected from the Sweet Peek Week comments to win a $50 Gift Voucher! Winners will be announced on our blog: Monday, July 5th.
SPD Design Team has some amazing and creative inspiration for you using the products featured here today. You can visit each of our designers’ blogs below for details on their projects. And while you’re there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win!
That’s all for today! Hope you like this rainbow project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!
Every little detail is perfect!
Such a great nautical and patriotic card.
This is fantastic, Tatiana! LOve the anchors, and the sand-colored card base!
I love your design!! The anchors are perfectly set on your card, this would be a perfect card for my Merchant Marine son!
I love how you used the anchor dies!
Oh, this is perfect. I like the addition of the twine, the steering wheel, the anchors….great job.
Such a great card !!
Very cute card!
Oooh, I really love this card and the fabulous design.
Wonderful card. I’m loving those red, white and blue anchors!
I love the anchors and ship wheel! Awesome summer card!
Cute idea to take one object and do an all over design with it!
So many options with this die set! Fabulous card design!
Amazing design. So beautiful.
Fabulous card! I love your anchor background!
Love the repeated anchor pattern on your card.
Great panel created. Nice layers.
Love this anchor design.