Hello and welcome!
I LOVE so much to get into die cutting! So I just cannot help to play more with Coffee Silhouettes Die Set from the NND latest Cozy release and create a holiday card from a non-holiday die set! I mixed and matched some “old”, but definitely must have products like Essential Alphabet Die Set to create a customized matching sentiment and a couple of tiny snowflakes from Snow Globe Shaker Die Set to give my project an extra wintery twist!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a cream cardstock. I used Lawn Fawn Vanilla Malt cardstock.
- Die cut “WARM WISHES” sentiment from a metallic gold foil paper, using Essential Alphabet Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. I picked Concord and 9th Matte Foil Paper in Gold.
- As an extra step die cut the same sentiment “WARM WISHES” three times from any scrap cardstock you have on hand and stack all the layers together with a liquid adhesive that dries clear and matte. I currently like to use Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue.
- Die cut a bunch of cups from colorful cardstock with Coffee Silhouettes Die Set. This is a great project to recycle all the scraps that, I’m sure, you have in your stash. So I highly encourage you to use the paper you have on hand. However, here’s the list of the colors that I used on my project:
- Concord & 9th Ballet Slipper cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Honeysuckle cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Cranberry cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Poppy cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Sorbet cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Grapefruit cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Marmalade cardstock;
- MFT Butterscotch cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Buttercup cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Sprout cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Parsley cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Evergreen cardstock;
- Concord & 9th Clover cardstock.
- Die cut some whipped toppings, steams and snowflakes from Neenah Solar White paper, using Coffee Silhouettes Die Set and Snow Globe Shaker Die Set.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping the mugs on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet holiday card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!