Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the SugarPea Summer Product Release!
The SugarPea Designs Creative Team and I are so excited to share a few of the projects created with AMAZING NEW SUMMER products! I hope you’ll join us over the next 3 days because we’ll be sharing Sweet Peeks for the products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, July 2 at 2PM EST in the SPD Store. Each day will be full of inspiration, and as always, you’ll have a shot at winning one of GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment for your chance to win.
Please note that links to SPD store for these new products will not go LIVE until 2 PM EST on July 2, 2021.
Today’s introductions include… super fun and cute Salty Seagulls Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Salty Seagulls SugarCut. Plus there’s an amazing Sunburst Stencil that already became one of my favorites and will be loved and used a lot on future projects!
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a clean and simple card with a soft gradient inked background and simple copic coloring. I preferred a small slimline card base and extended a stitched rectangle die to create the background panel.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Salty Seagulls SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Salty Seagulls Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- grey W00-W0-W1-W2-W3
- light blue B0000-B00-BG70
- pink RV00-RV11-RV13-RV14
- yellow Y00-Y11-Y13-Y17-Y21-Y23
- cheeks R00
- blue B21-B24-B26
- logs E40-E41-E42-E43-E44
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Partially die cut a Stitched Rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper. Shift the die and run it again inside the die cutting machine to extend to 5 1/2″ long.
- Tape well the Sunburst Stencil with a removable tape to the stitched rectangle and ink with (starting from top):
- Flick some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and splatter some white gouache all across.
- Arrange all the elements on the card front and pop them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen, a few clear sparkling sequins and some highlights, added with a white gel pen.
Would you like to win a $50 Gift Voucher to our store? Leave a comment below for your chance to win. TWO lucky commenters will be randomly selected from the Sweet Peek Week comments to win a $50 Gift Voucher! Winners will be announced on our blog: Monday, July 5th.
SPD Design Team has some amazing and creative inspiration for you using the products featured here today. You can visit each of our designers’ blogs below for details on their projects. And while you’re there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win!
That’s all for today! Hope you like this rainbow project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!
These gulls are adorable! I love your little scene!
Sooooooo cute! I love the layout and your background!
What a cute idea to have one on the other’s head. I love your sky, too. The birds are precious!!!
Fantastic card! I love your background with the stencil and the stacked birds is super cute!
Oh my gosh!! I love love love those gulls! Such a cute stamp set (and such a pretty card too)!.
Such a sweet, fun card. Your background is amazing.
This is so adorable and pretty at the same time. Love that awesome BG.
Beautiful card! I love your background!
So adorable! This is exactly what they do, steal your french fries and everything else lol! These gulls are too adorable to resist though!
I like the pretty background for these fun sea gulls.
Gorgeous background for your scene with these cute seagulls! I love the you used with the Sunburst Stencil!
the colors…. I left a word out and pushed the ‘enter’ button too fast!
Great scene created. I like the color use.
I love your background and the colors that you used.
Amazing scene and beautiful soft colors.
Wow I love how you blended so beautifully three colours with this stencil…awesome card.
I love your background, your colors are beautiful!! Your seagulls are so cute!
Wonderful background for those silly seagulls!!
This is so cute!! Love it!
So cute !!
Love your sunburst background on your cute card!
The soft sunray background is just perfect for these gulls!
I llove everything about your card. The background is amazing1