Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a lovely summer card featuring adorable and one of my favorites Winston’s Lake House Stamp Set! This stamp set is so unique and allows to create sweet relaxing scenes at the lake or river! I almost can feel the cool breeze and imagine me relaxing in the cabin.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper all the elements you need for your card, using the coordinating Winston’s Lake House Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Winston’s Lake House Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- bear E0000-E30-E31-E33-E35 plus E00-E01
- dog YR30-YR31-Y32-YR24-YR27
- duck E50-E51-E53-E55 plus G20-G24 and T0-T1-T3 and YR0000-YR02
- boat and house E40-E41-E42-E43-E44 plus T0-T1-T3
- lilies RV0000-RV10-RV63-RV55-RV25
- green YG0000-YG01-YG03-YG17
- teal BG0000-BG000-BG01-BG05
- black 100
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper and split it with the dies from Land Borders and Sea Borders die sets.
- Ink every single die cut piece with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, Peacock Feathers Distress, Broken China Distress, Cracked Pistachio Distress and Twisted Citron Distress inks. Use the blending brushes for a smooth result.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a clear shimmer spray and splatter some white gouache all across.
- Stamp the sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, some accents added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute and fun card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!