Thanks so much for joining me! Crafty Meraki turns one this month! Huge congrats to the sweet Bindu (the owner)! I’m so happy to jump in the celebration of their first anniversary! Crafty Meraki will be coming up new fantastic products every Monday this month starting on the 10th of May, with a grand finale release and YouTube hop on the 31st. There will be a lot of fun throughout this month with games, giveaways and amazing surprises to celebrate the first birthday. So stay tuned and also be sure to follow the hashtag #merakiversary on Instagram.
This week I will be sharing more sweet floral cards featuring gorgeous new Hello Love and Elegance Stamp Sets paired with amazing new Scenic Route Slimline Die Set! Not a slimline fan? Stay tuned as well since I will be stretching the slimline dies and using them on an extended A2 size and small slimline card bases. Curious? Let’s start with the first project that turned out as a clean and simple watercolor card with a pop of bright spring/ summer colors!
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put a generous coat of an antistatic powder on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Paper, ink the flower cluster from Hello Love Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink and stamp the image. If you use a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to achieve solid outlines.
- Sprinkle a Clear Fine Detail Embossing Powder all across the stamped flowers, heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Color the illustration with water based markers, using a regular brush and water for blending. I used:
- ALTENEW TROPICAL SIESTA BRUSH MARKERS (for the initial layer of colors)
- ZIG CLEAN COLOUR REAL BRUSH MARKERS (as a second coat and to add darker shadows)
- n.29 Geranium Red
- n.42 Turquoise Green
- n.43 Olive Green
- n.44 Deep Green
- n.47 May Green
- n.50 Yellow
- n.260 Deep Red
- Die cut the colored stamp, using the coordinating Hello Love Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the “Sweetheart” sentiment with the same VersaFine Onyx Black pigment ink and trim it with the sharp small scissors.
- Trim and score a small slimline card base (6″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 6″ x 3 3/4″ piece from a cream cardstock, align it in the center of Scenic Route Slimline Die Set with an oval piece inside and ran the sandwich through the die cutting machine.
- Embellish the top and bottom die cut pieces with a dotted pattern, applying a white embossing paste through Simon Says Stamp Tiny Dots stencil. Tape well the stencil to the cardstock with a removable tape to prevent any movement. Let the paste air dry well.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlight with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!