Thanks so much for joining me! Crafty Meraki turns one this month! Huge congrats to the sweet Bindu (the owner)! I’m so happy to jump in the celebration of their first anniversary! Crafty Meraki will be coming up new fantastic products every Monday this month starting on the 10th of May, with a grand finale release and YouTube hop on the 31st. There will be a lot of fun throughout this month with games, giveaways and amazing surprises to celebrate the first birthday. So stay tuned and also be sure to follow the hashtag #merakiversary on Instagram.
Today I came out with a floral birthday card featuring again beautiful You Inspire Me Stamp Set paired with fabulous big Birthday Slimline Tag Die. I decided to stretch small flowers and leaves included in the set and arrange them in a creative way around the birthday word die.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- You Inspire Me Stamp Set
- You Inspire Me Die Set
- Birthday Slimline Tag Die
- The Legend Stamp Set
- Newton’s Nook Designs Bokeh Stencil Set
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper flowers and leaves, using the coordinating You Inspire Me Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from You Inspire Me Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- pink RV0000-RV00-RV10-Rv13-RV14
- green G40-G43-G94
- Trim and score a slimline card base (8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from a light grey cardstock. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock.
- Tape well the layer #1 from Newton’s Nook Designs Bokeh Stencil Set with a removable tape to the light grey piece to prevent any movement and ink it with a matching light grey ink. Shift the stencil to cover the whole panel. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog Dye ink.
- Align the layer #2 from Newton’s Nook Designs Bokeh Stencil Set, using the guide lines marked on the stencil, tape it well to the cardstock and add a white pigment ink through the circles. Shift the stencil to cover the whole panel.
- Die cut Birthday Slimline Tag Die including the word “BIRTHDAY” as it comes in the set from a light blue cardstock and from Neenah Solar White paper.
- OPTIONAL: die cut the word “BIRTHDAY” again a couple of times and stack all three layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the word “Happy ” from The Legend Stamp Set. Use an antistatic powder and VersaMark clear sticky ink to achieve perfect lines.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with some clear sparkling sequins.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!