Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a clean and simple design, leaving a lot of white space on the card front and keeping the focus on colorful illustrations! What do you think?
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
- Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set
- Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut
- In The Spotlight Stencil
- To The Infinity & Beyond Stamp Set (Sorry, I’ve noticed late that this stamp set is not available any more!)
- To The Infinity & Beyond SugarCut
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut and To The Infinity & Beyond SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set and To The Infinity & Beyond Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- violet V0000-V01-V12-V15-V06
- teal BG0000-BG10-BG11-BG15-BG09
- yellow Y11-Y13-Y15-Y17-YR24
- grey N1-N3-N5-N7
- Heat emboss in white onto bright yellow the sentiment from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Tape well In The Spotlight Stencil with a removable tape to the card front and ink it with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide, Peacock Feathers Distress, Salty Ocean Distress, Chipped Sapphire Distress and Black Soot Distress inks.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a white gouache and lift up the stencil.
- Arrange and pop on a foam tape all the elements.
- Add a few enamel accents, a coat of a clear glitter pen and a couple of highlight with a white gel pen.
Hope you like this cute card! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!