Thanks so much for joining me! Crafty Meraki turns one this month! Huge congrats to the sweet Bindu (the owner)! I’m so happy to jump in the celebration of their first anniversary! Crafty Meraki will be coming up new fantastic products every Monday this month starting on the 10th of May, with a grand finale release and YouTube hop on the 31st. There will be a lot of fun throughout this month with games, giveaways and amazing surprises to celebrate the first birthday. So stay tuned and also be sure to follow the hashtag #merakiversary on Instagram.
This week I will be featuring beautiful flower You Inspire Me Stamp Set. I love so much the look of white against kraft background so I decided to heat emboss both the flowers and the sentiment. Then I completed the card with a simple watercoloring, using the raised heat embossed lines to help me keep every single stamp area nice and clean, preventing the cross contamination of colors.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Put a generous coat of an antistatic powder on a piece of Strathmore Bristol Paper, ink the flower cluster from You Inspire Me Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink and stamp the image. If you use a stamping positioning tool, impress the image a couple of times to achieve solid outlines.
- Sprinkle a white embossing powder all across the stamped flowers, heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Color the whole image with water based markers, using a water brush for blending. I used TOMBOW DUAL BRUSH MARKERS:
- violets 636, 685, 761
- greens 177,249
- Die cut the flower cluster, using the coordinating You Inspire Me Die Set and trim it in two parts.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from Neenah Desert Storm paper and split into two parts.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a white gouache all across, wrap a kraft twine across the more narrow rectangle and tie a bow.
- Trim another kraft piece of Neenah paper, heat emboss the sentiment from You Inspire Me Stamp Set and glue it directly to the card front.
- Arrange and pop on a foam tape two kraft pieces with white splotches.
- Glue the flower cluster in place.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!