Thanks so much for joining me! Crafty Meraki turns one this month! Huge congrats to the sweet Bindu (the owner)! I’m so happy to jump in the celebration of their first anniversary! Crafty Meraki will be coming up new fantastic products every Monday this month starting on the 10th of May, with a grand finale release and YouTube hop on the 31st. There will be a lot of fun throughout this month with games, giveaways and amazing surprises to celebrate the first birthday. So stay tuned and also be sure to follow the hashtag #merakiversary on Instagram.
This is my second card that features amazing new The Legend Stamp Set and Dad Shadow Word Die. In case you missed the previous one, you can catch it up right HERE! I really love the style and playful look of the third intermediate layer included in the Dad word die! To stay on topic, I decided to came up with gradient masculine color palette and added a few extra touches, playing with different layers.
Don’t forget that I have a coupon code for you to use at Crafty Meraki online store. You can redeem 10% off your entire purchase by using “TATIANA10OFF” at the checkout.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
USE “TATIANA10OFF” COUPON CODE AT THE CHECKOUT ON CRAFTY MERAKI WEB SITE TO GET A 10% DISCOUNT OF YOUR PURCHASE.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim a 8″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper and score it in half to get a slightly larger than a regular small slimline card base that measures 4″ x 6 1/2″.
- Trim a 6″ x 3 1/2″ rectangle from scraps.
- Trim a bunch of colorful stripes and glue them at an angle on the rectangle piece. I used, starting from light violet color:
- Simon Says Stamp Lavender cardstock
- The Stamp Market Sea Glass cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue cardstock
- Bazzill Juicy Pear cardstock
- The Stamp Market Cactus Green cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Mint cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Blue Jay cardstock
- The Stamp Market Cobalt cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Corn Flower cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Royal Purp cardstock
- Pop on a foam tape the background striped piece in the center of the card base.
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White the word dad from Dad Shadow Word Die three times and glue the middle layer on the card front with Distress Collage Medium Matte. Tape the outer shadow layer to the background with a removable tape and use it as a guide white adhering all three pieces. See the picture below. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Use the third layer of the die cut word Dad as a guide to align perfectly and glue in place the inner pieces with Distress Collage Medium Matte. See the picture below.
- OPTIONAL! Die cut again the word dad from Dad Shadow Word Die and add the second layer to rase up the die cut sentiment. You cannot see it on the pictures, but in real life this extra step brings your project to the whole new level. Add more layers if you have time.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiments from The Legend Stamp Set and split it into three parts.
- Arrange and pop a foam tape each piece of the sentiment.
That’s all for today!!! As always thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!