Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a fun and easy to recreate die cut project that features Stylish Stockings Die Set paired with new just released holiday pattern papers.
I’m a great fun of coloring and enjoy the coloring process so much especially if I work on cute critters! However, from time to time, it’s just nice to die cut a lot of elements from pattern paper or colorful cardstock and then create a layout design on the card front, playing with different dimensions. So, as you may guess, on today’s card no coloring or stamping was involved. Everything was simply die cut!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut nine stockings from Canine Christmas Paper Pad and Christmas Time Paper Pad, using Stylish Stockings Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Die cut nine stitched toes, heels, and cuffs from DCWV white Glitter Cardstock, using the same Stylish Stockings Die Set.
- Assemble the stockings together with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
- Die cut three times “Peace & Joy” sentiment: twice from any white scrap cardstock and once from DCWV golden Glitter Cardstock, using Christmas Nap Die Set.
- Stack all three layers together with Distress Collage Medium Matte to achieve a faux cheap board element.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a 5 1/4″ x 4″ rectangle from Vanilla Malt cardstock.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!