Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook June release! I’m so excited you’ve joined me today and can’t wait to share with you all the stunning new summer themed products!
All the new June products will be available for purchase on Friday, June 17th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The Newton’s Nook Designs Design Team is kicking off this summer release week with the most amazing Beach Bound Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Beach Bound Die Set! Then there’s a super fun layering Palm Tree Line Stencil and the matching summer themed Summertime Paper Pad filled with many bright and happy designs!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Beach Bound stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a happy summer inked scene that features amazing new Palm Tree Line Stencil completed with a couple of wonderful illustrations from another newbie – Beach Bound Stamp Set! I kept everything super simple and tried not to overwhelm the card front with super intense colors, but just highlighted the stamps with a simple copic coloring!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Beach Bound Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustration from Beach Bound Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR32-Y17-YR04
- pink RV0000-RV10-RV13-RV21-RV14
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG03
- yellow Y13
- teal BG0000-BG11
- grey T0-T1-T3-T5-T7
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Secure Hills & Grass Stencil with a low tack tape directly on the card front and ink the ground section, using Antique Linen Distress ink and the blending brush to achieve a soft and smooth effect.
- Without lifting up the stencil splatter the inked “sand” area with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink diluted with a small amount of water. Carefully remove the stencil.
- Add some palm trees by inking the new Palm Tree Line Stencil, using again distress inks and the blending brushes. I chose:
- Finally ink some clouds on the sky portion, using the edge of the Clouds Stencil, Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide ink and the blending brush. I didn’t apply any masking on the palm trees, just wiggled the clouds stencil so that the edges of the stencil went over the inked palms and protected them from cross contamination of colors. Also keep your hand VERY light!
- Stamp the sentiment from Beach Bound Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink directly on the card front.
- Arrange and pop on a foam tape the colored stamps.
- Finish with some highlights added with a white gel pen and a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Would you like to win the “Beach Bound” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday June 16th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday June 17th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cheerful and bright summer card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!