Hello and welcome!
I’m SO glad you stopped by to see what crafty inspiration I have today! I’m up on the Heffy Doodle Blog with “Stretch Your Supplies” card series!!! It means that I’m focusing on how to get more from your craft supplies and think out of boxes, giving new life to your crafty stash! So let start!
Today I decided to stretch some dies from my crafty stash by mixing and matching a couple of different styles and collections. To start, I prepared a full card front background with a fun faux stitched woodgrain texture. Then I die cut a jumbo sentiment to use as a focal central point on my card with a shadow layer made by gluing together an additional dark red layer slightly offset. Finally I embellished the card front with lots of floral elements die cut from Heffy Doodle coloured cardstock and gorgeous recently released sequins.
DISCLOSURE. I’m currently on various Design Teams. I only join a team because I love their products and genuinely use them. All opinions are my own. I do not accept offers of direct payment for dedicated blog posts to promote products. I am part of various affiliate programs and link some supplies with compensated affiliate links when used where possible at no cost to you. When you click on an affiliate link and then go on to make a purchase, I receive a small commission. I use the money raised towards the cost of running this blog. I hope if you like the content of my blog you will support me by clicking through these links to make your purchases. Thank you!
- STAMPS AND DIES:
- OTHER CRAFT SUPPLES
- Pixie Hollow Embellishment Mix (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mix (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock (available at Heffy Doodle and Scrapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Glubert – Craft Glue (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
- Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine (available at Heffy Doodle and Scapbook.com)
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Heffy Doodle 8.5″ x 11″ White Cardstock.
- Die cut a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ red card front from the Heffy Doodle Cherry On Top Coloured Cardstock, using the biggest frame from Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Ran the red piece once again inside the die cutting machine with Woodgrain Texture Background Die to add a fun faux stitched texture.
- Die cut twice from Neenah Solar White paper It’s Your Day Jumbo Sentiment Die and stack both layers together with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Die cut another It’s Your Day’ Jumbo Sentiment from Merlot Coloured Cardstock and glue it to the back side of the jumbo white sentiment slightly offset to create a shadow.
- Pop the sentiment on a foam tape in the center of the card front.
- Die cut a bunch of flowers, leaves and branches from Heffy Doodle Coloured Cardstock – Mix 1 and Mix 2, using Leafy Laurel Circle Dies and Tree-mendous Peekaboo Tree Dies. If you have in your stash, use the Heffy Doodle Mini Die Cutting Machine for all small elements to save time since it’s perfect to work with tiny dies.
- Arrange and glue in place all the floral die cuts around the jumbo sentiment with Glubert – Craft Glue.
- Finish with some sequins from Pixie Hollow Embellishment and Pink Fizz Sparkle Embellishment Mixes.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet flora die cut card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!