Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a lovely flower watercolor card featuring a few amazing products from the latest release!
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
- Friendship Blooms Stamp Set
- Friendship Blooms SugarCut
- Everyday Sentiments Stamp Sets
- Sentiment Strip SugarCut
- Stitched Rectangles SugarCut
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut some flowers and leaves on Strathmore Bristol paper using the coordinating Friendship Blooms SugarCut. Save the negative parts. I used Big Short Die Cutting Machine for this project.
- Stamp the outline images from Friendship Blooms Stamp Set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the flower and leaves with TOMBOW MARKERS. I used on this card:
- lilac/ violets 620, 636, 665
- greens 177, 245, 249
- Die cut a faux stitched rectangle using the biggest die from Stitched Rectangles SugarCut on Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor cardstock.
- Ink it at an angle using Shaded Lilac Distress and Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks and the blending brushes.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution.
- Wrap a kraft twine around the inked piece and secure it from the backside with a sticky tape.
- Arrange and glue in place all the flowers and leaves.
- Add some tiny droplets of a white gouache to the background and flowers. Let them air dry.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Everyday Sentiments Stamp Sets, using VersaMark Clear ink.
- Die cut the sentiment with the coordinating Sentiment Strip SugarCut and pop in place using a foam tape.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Pop the flowers piece on the card front with a foam tape.
Hope you like this lovely flower card with a tone on tone background! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!