Hello and welcome to Day 2 of the Newton’s Nook January release! Thanks so much for joining me today!
All the new January products will be available for purchase on Friday, January 22th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
Cuteness overloads with super adorable Smitten Kittens stamp set on the second day of the release! In case you’re interested, you can get the coordinating Smitten Kittens Die Set too. And more… there’re two new fantastic Slimline Masking Stencil Sets that will allow to create fabulous backgrounds on the slimline cards with horizontal and vertical layouts so easily!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Smitten Kittens stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Strathmore Bristol paper two kitty shapes and some small hearts using the coordinating Smitten Kittens Die Set.
- Stamp the open images from Smitten Kittens stamp set with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies inside your stamping positioning tool for a perfect alignment.
- Color the stamps with water based markers. I used TOMBOW MARKERS:
- Trim 8 1/2″ x 7″ piece of a light gray cardstock and score it in half to achieve 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ card base.
- Die cut a scalloped rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper using Slimline Frames & Porthole Die Set.
- Ink three light pink squares through new Slimline Masking Stencil Set with Spun Sugar Distress ink in the center of the scalloped rectangle.
- Align new Slimline Masking Stencil with hearts on top of the inked squares and add darker pink shade with Picked Raspberry Oxide ink.
- Flick some tiny drops of a pearlescent solution to add some interest to the background.
- Stamp the sentiment from Smitten Kittens stamp set inside the central heart with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.
- Pop all the elements on a foam tape.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling sequins.
Would you like to win the “Smitten Kittens” Stamp Set? NND will choose ONE lucky winner for this stamp set!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday January 21st at 9pm EST to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, January 22nd.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich – you’re here
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fantastic day!