Hello and welcome!
Today I’ve popped in with another card that features the new holiday release from Purple Onion Designs! The stunning new “A Little Christmas Magic!” collection of rubber stamps is designed by Stacey Yacula and includes a lot of adorable winter and holiday dressed critters paired with amazing big backgrounds and the coordinating holiday sentiment set!
SALE ALLERT! For a limited time, the complete collection will be offered as a bundle with a 30% discount and will sell for $152.00. The “A Little Christmas Magic!” bundle consists of all 31 stamps/stamp sets and the coordinating “Santa Sentiments” Set (8 sentiments).
The special bundle price discount ends on Saturday, November 5, 2022.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Neenah Solar White paper Wesley (Winter Walrus), Nordic Road Background and one of the Holiday Blurbs I with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around. Nordic Road Background needs to be fussy cut only from the top side.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Trim a slightly bigger than 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from a Bristol paper since it’s a bit smoother than Neenah Solar White paper and makes the ink blending easier.
- Ink the rectangle with Distress inks to create the sky portion. I used:
- Glue the Nordic Road Background to the inked sky.
- Frame the scene with Imperial Stitched Rectangles Dies, using Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Trim a piece of vellum large enough to cover the inner frame.
- Color the walrus and the background with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- walrus E40-E41-E42-E43-E44-E49 & C1-C3
- pink RV00-RV10-RV13
- violet V000-V01-V12
- blue/violet BV0000-BV01-BV02
- blue B0000-B21
- teal BG10-BG11-BG23
- green (scarf) YG0000-YG01-YG05
- yellow Y000-Y13-Y15
- red R000-R02-R05
- green (trees) G20-G21-G24-G28
- brown E30-E35
- Splatter all the elements with some tiny droplets of a white gouache diluted with a small amount of water, using a regular brush.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a coat of a clear glitter pen and a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!