The Newton’s Nook Designs Team is hopping along today with inspiration using the BRAND NEW 2023 Holiday Products! Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the whole list and hop along and comment for a chance to win!
To celebrate the new Holiday Release Newton’s Nook Designs is also having a sale beginning today, October 30th, 2023 through November 3rd, 2023 at www.newtonsnookdesigns.com. Buy more, save more! $5 off every $30 you spend. That means $5 off $30, $10 off $60… up to $50 off! No coupon needed, maximum $50 discount per order.
On my stop of this hop, you will find a simple and elegant holiday card with some shiny hot foiled and heat embossed elements!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Hot foil the Holiday Foliage Hot Foil Plate, following the instructions of your hot foil system. You will need both a hot foil system and a die cutting machine for this step. I used:
- Spellbinders – Glimmer Hot Foil System;
- Spellbinders – Platinum 6 – Die Cutting and Embossing Machine;
- Repeatedly stamp the deer illustration from Scandi Christmas Stamp Set on Neenah Desert Storm cardstock with VersaMark clear ink.
- Die cut tree times from Neenah Solar White paper “MERRY” and “&” elements, using Holiday Greetings Die Set and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.
- Smooth VersaMark clear sticky ink on the die cut words, cover them with antique gold embossing powder and heat set with a heat gun. Repeat the same step two or three times until you’re happy with the result.
- Die cut three times from Simon Says Stamp Surf Blue cardstock the word “BRIGHT”, using again Holiday Greetings Die Set.
- Stack all the die cut word layers together to form a faux chipboard elements, using Bearly Art – Precision Craft Glue.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with some matching sequins and jewels.
- As an extra step: cover the word “BRIGHT” with a generous coat of Distress Collage Medium Matte and sprinkle Distress Clear Rock Candy Glitter on top. Let the glue air dry well and then shake off the excess of the glitter.
Enter to Win a $25 Prize!
NND will be choosing two lucky winners to win a $25 store credit for Newton’s Nook Designs online shop! To enter, just leave comments on the Design Team Member blogs (see list below)! Two winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the blog hop. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday, November 2nd at 9 pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog on Saturday, November 4th.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this lovely holiday card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!