Hello and welcome to the final day of the Newton’s Nook Holiday reveals! Thanks so much for popping on my blog throughout this week and for all your wonderful comments! I appreciate so so so much all your love and support!
Please note that all the new Holiday products will be available for purchase on Friday, October 14th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The final day of the Holiday release reveals us the most gorgeous Snowflake Oval Stamp Set! As you may guess, it’s another addition to the NND Oval Card Front collection! And that meant it’s perfectly coordinates with the previously released Oval Frames Die Set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Snowflake Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a simple project that features one of my ever favorite technique – emboss resist – paired with some cool blue shades of Distress ink and a few glittery die cut elements that complete my design!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Prep a piece of Bristol paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Stamp the oval illustration from Snowflake Oval Stamp Set with VersaMark clear sticky ink. Use a stamping positioning tool if you have it in your stash to help you achieve a perfect impression.
- Heat emboss the stamp lines with a fine detailed white embossing powder.
- Ink the background with Distress inks, using the blending brushes. I used:
- Die cut three snowflakes, using Snow Globe Shaker Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Cover the snowflakes with Distress Collage Medium Matte and sprinkle WOW Sparkles Glass Slipper Glitter on top and let them air dry. Shake off the excess.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Spooky Roundabout Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Fussy cut the sentiment by hand with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge around.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping some of them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Finish with a couple of clear sparkling jewels.
Would you like to win the “Snowflake Oval” Stamp Set?This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday October 13th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday October 14th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
Newton’s Nook Designs
Tatiana Trafimovich <– you’re here
That’s all for today! Hope you like this elegant holiday design! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!