Hello and welcome!
I’m so glad you’ve joined me today and even more excited to be on the Newton’s Nook Designs blog, sharing a sweet and cute no-line watercolor scene! I came up with an Easter card featuring wonderful Hop Into Spring Stamp Set and played a bit more with new to me Karin Brushmarkers Pro, testing them on a regular hot pressed watercolor paper. I applied the colors directly from the marker nibs and then made the blending with a regular water brush. Hop you like the final result with vibrant and juicy colors!?
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Fabriano Extra White Hot Pressed Watercolor paper a faux stitched rectangle, using Frames & Flags Die Set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Hop Into Spring Stamp Set with Antique Linen Distress ink. I used a stamping positioning tool to help me with the arrangement of the scene and quickly masked the crossing stamp lines with a piece of a low tack tape without cutting out any mask since the stamp lines would disappear with water.
- Color the scene with water based markers. I used Karin Brushmarker Pro:
- grey 276, 277, 278
- yellow 166, 216
- orange 357
- red 200, 201, 181
- green 071, 447
- blue 204, 654, 189
- violet 197
- brown 552, 199
- Heat emboss in white the sentiment from Hop Into Spring Stamp Set with VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink onto The Stamp Market Papaya cardstock. Don’t forget to prep the cardstock with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Shape the sentiment into a fish-tail banner with the sharp small scissors.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Tape well Basketweave Stencil on the card front with a low tack tape and smoosh VersaMark Clear Embossing Ink all over to get a tone-on-tone pattern. Don’t forget to clean immediately the stencil with warm water and a liquid soap.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front, by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple of matching sequins adhered with Distress Collage Medium Matte and some highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like sweet and bright no-line watercolor scene! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!