Hello and welcome!
It’s been a while since I worked with floral illustrations! And so I reached for my favorite tulips and just enjoyed coloring them with my copic markers. Then I created a simple light turquoise background with lots of shimmer and shine. Finally I completed this simple card with a heat embossed sentiment.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Neenah Solar White paper two clusters of tulips, using the coordinating Tulips Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine or Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Tulips Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- red R000-R20-R21-R22
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR02
- violet V0000-V000-V01-V04
- green YG0000-YG00-YG01-YG06-YG09-G28
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from aqua cardstock. I used Concord and 9th Cardstock in Aqua Sky color.
- Die cut a circle in the center of the light blue panel, using Circle Frames Die Set.
- Secure Quatrefoil Stencil on the teal background piece with a low tack tape.
- Mix Moonstone Glimmer Paste from Nuvo with a tiny amount of Turquoise Sea Glitz Glitter Gel from Gina K on a sleek surface like Ranger Craft Sheet, helping yourselves with Palette Knives. Spread the glittery mix through the stencil. Carefully lift up the stencil and immediately wash it with a warm water and soap. Meanwhile let the embossing paste air dry well.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Tulips Stamp Set, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Fussy cut the sentiment with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little edge around.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping some of them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a generous coat of a clear glitter pen and a few highlights added with a white gel pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this lovely card ! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!