Hello and welcome!
Thanks so much for joining me today! I keep sharing more inspiration featuring wonderful new “A Happy Little Place” collection of rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs illustrated by Stacey Yacula!
SALE ALLERT! Purple Onion Designs are offering the complete collection along with the “Around the Town Sentiment Set” at a discounted price for a limited time. The bundle includes Stacey’s 21 illustrated stamps and the 15 phrase sentiment set. It sells for $105.00, which is 30% off the regular prices. This promotion will be available HERE until Friday, May 14th.
The moment I saw a beautiful Ivy Country Cottage Stamp, I immediately felt in love with it! Since this stamp is big enough to fill the whole regular A2 size card front, I thought it would be perfect to use on its own for a simple no-line watercolor scene and just highlight the wonderful illustration without adding layers or pairing cute characters.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Arches Cold Pressed Watercolor paper the Ivy Country Cottage Stamp with a light grey die ink. In case you have a stamping positioning tool, use it to impress the image a couple of times to achieve detailed outlines since the cold pressed watercolor paper is very textured.
- Add a small flower from Country Flower Stamp Set in front of the cottage with the same light grey dye ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Color the scene with regular watercolors. I used my customized palette filled with Winsor & Newton, Schmincke Horadam and Daniel Smith Extra Fine watercolors.
- Flick a few white droplets using a white gouache and highlight some spots with color pencils.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Around the Town Sentiment Set.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Desert Storm paper.
- Pop the watercolor scene and the sentiment on a foam tape.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this no-line watercolor scene! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!