Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the SugarPea Spring Product Release!
The SugarPea Designs Creative Team and I are so excited to share a few of the projects created with AMAZING NEW SPRING products! I hope you’ll join us over the next 2 days because we’ll be sharing Sweet Peeks for the products that will be available for purchase starting this Friday, APRIL 30th at 2PM EST in the SPD Store. Each day will be full of inspiration, and as always, you’ll have a shot at winning one of GIVEAWAYS! All you need to do is leave a comment for your chance to win.
Please note that links to SPD store for these new products will not go LIVE until 2 PM EST on April 30, 2021.
Today’s introductions include… the cutest aliens paired with essential birthday accessories and the most fun puns from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set that comes with the coordinating Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut. Plus there’re two new amazing stencils Outer Space Scene Builder and In The Spotlight so useful to build wonderful backgrounds.
On my stop of this hop you’ll find a colorful birthday card representing the aliens of all shapes coming down from the spaceship to bring their birthday wishes with an inked background and a bit of simple copic coloring.
- Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set
- Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut
- Outer Space Scene Builder Stencil
- In The Spotlight Stencil
- Card Front Element Builder
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Copic X-Press paper all the elements you need, using the coordinating Take Us To Your Cake SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine. Save the negative parts of the dies.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Use the negative parts of the dies as a guide for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- Die cut a stitched rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper for the background piece, using Card Front Element Builder.
- Ink the moon surface at the bottom of the background, using the negative mask from Outer Space Scene Builder Stencil and Antique Linen Distress ink.
- Add darker spots to the moon surface through the same Outer Space Scene Builder Stencil with Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink.
- Use the positive part of the moon from Outer Space Scene Builder Stencil and the positive part of the spotlight from In The Spotlight Stencil to mask and protect the areas while inking the night sky with: Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot Distress ink.
- Lift the spotlight part of the mask and ink the white space underneath with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink.
- Flick a bunch of white droplets with a diluted white gouache and a regular brush. Lift the moon mask.
- Trim and score a slimline card base (8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Heat emboss in white onto red the sentiment from the same Take Us To Your Cake Stamp Set.
- Adhere the inked background directly to the card base and pop the colored stamps on a foam tape for fun dimensional look.
- Add a bit of shimmer to the accessories with a clear glitter pen and some glossy dimensional touches, using Glossy Accents.
Would you like to win a $50 Gift Voucher to SPD store? Leave a comment below for your chance to win. TWO lucky commenters will be randomly selected from the Sweet Peek Week comments to win a $50 Gift Voucher! Winners will be announced on SPD blog: Monday, May 3rd.
SPD Design Team has some amazing and creative inspiration for you using the products featured here today. You can visit each of our designers’ blogs below for details on their projects. And while you’re there be sure to leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win!
Linda van Wely
That’s all for today! Hope you like this cute project! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!!