Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a cute watercolor card with a spring feeling featuring two amazing stamp sets from “old” and “new” releases!
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
- Call Me Stamp Set
- Call Me SugarCut
- Sprout Bloom Grow Stamp Set
- Sprout Bloom Grow SugarCut
- Gradient Stripes Stencil
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut from Fabriano Extra White Watercolor paper all the shapes you need, using the coordinating Call Me SugarCut and Sprout Bloom Grow SugarCut. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine.
- Stamp the outline illustrations from Call Me Stamp and Sprout Bloom Grow Stamp Sets with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, using the negative parts of the dies for a perfect alignment inside the stamping positioning tool.
- Color the stamps with regular watercolors. I used my customized palette filled with Winsor & Newton, Daniel Smith and Schmincke Horadam brands.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Mask the top and bottom parts of the card front and ink Gradient Stripes through the stencil with a light gray ink in the center. Tape the stencil very well with a removable tape to prevent any movement and achieve a nice and clean look. I used Simon Says Stamp Fog dye ink on this card.
- Trim a rectangle from a lavender cardstock and repeatedly stamp the small bold flowers from Call Me Stamp Set, creating a tone on tone pattern. I used Simon Says Stamp Lavender cardstock and the coordinating dye ink.
- Heat emboss in white onto Gina K Turquoise Sea cardstock the sentiment from the same Call Me Stamp Set, using VersaMark Clear ink.
- Assemble all the elements together by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
Hope you like this cute watercolor card with a pop of bright spring colors! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!