Hello and welcome!
Today is my turn to get you inspired for the SugarPea Designs monthly Mix It Up Challenge! I came up with a sweet Easter card with a pop of spring pastel colors featuring a few amazing SPD “old” dies mixed together!
In case you want to play along, as well, here’s how you can do that: you have all month to play along and make a project using just the inspiration, just the sketch or Mix it Up and use both! It is totally up to you! You can find all the rules at SugarPea blog right here!!!
- Egg Cut-Away Window SugarCut
- Easter Word SugarCut
- Easter Wishes Stamp
- Card Front Element Builder
- Sentiment Strip SugarCut
- Buffalo Check Stamp
Step By Step Instructions:
- Die cut a faux stitched rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper using Card Front Element Builder die set. I used on this project Sizzix Big Short Die Cutting machine.
- Ran again the same piece inside your die cutting machine to achieve a curve line on the bottom part of the rectangle using one more time Card Front Element Builder die set.
- Make the third die cut with Egg Cut-Away Window SugarCut in the center of the background piece.
- Die cut Easter Word SugarCut three times: two times from a scratch cardstock plus the top piece from a gold glitter paper. I used DCWV Glitter paper pad on my card.
- Glue all three layers together using Distress Collage Medium Matte liquid adhesive.
- Heat emboss in white onto black the sentiment from Easter Wishes Stamp, using VersaMark Clear ink.
- Frame the sentiment with a narrow strip die from Sentiment Strip SugarCut die set.
- Stamp Buffalo Check pattern on a light grey cardstock with the matching light grey ink to achieve a tone on tone pattern.
- Cut out a piece of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor cardstock and ink it with Spun Sugar, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Shaded Lilac Distress inks.
- Flick some tiny droplets of a pearlescent solution and a few colorful splotches on the inked piece to add more interest.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base.
Hope you like this sweet Easter card with a pop of spring pastel colors! Now it’s your turn to link up your creations for a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate from SugarPea Designs! Can’t wait to see what you create!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!!!