Hello and welcome!
Today I’ve popped in with another spring card! This project was created from a mix of Purple Onion Designs stamps illustrated by Stacey Yacula. Some of them come from winter collections, but the color choice and pastel light shades gave this card a sweet spring look.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp on Copic X-Press paper Willa (Walking Bunny), Ruby (Flying Owl), Gazebo and some flowers and leaves from Floral End Notes stamp set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
Since rubber stamps from Purple Onion Designs come unmounted, you will need a temporary mounting solution to work with. A Clear Mounting Stamp is one of the options. You can apply this clear stamp on an acrylic block or acrylic stamping platform to hold your unmounted stamps in place while stamping. Remove and store it when finished until next time. The clear stamp can be cleaned with water and a little liquid soap.
- Fussy cut all the stamps with the sharp small scissors, leaving a little white edge around.
- Color all the elements with COPIC MARKERS. I used:
- grey C00-C1-C2-C3
- brown E0000-E30-E31-E33
- pink RV0000- RV00-RV10-RV02-RV13
- green YG11-G43
- teal BG10-BG32
- orange Y35-YR04
- Curve “Welcome Spring” sentiment from Sweet Occasions Sentiment Stamp Set on the clear mounting support and stamp it on Copic X-Press paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Hand draw a banner around the sentiment and fussy cut it, leaving a little white edge around.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper.
- Ink the central part of the card front with Cracked Pistachio, Tumbled Glass Oxide and Blueprint Sketch Oxide Distress inks. Use the blending brushes for a smooth and soft result.
- Trim another 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ rectangle from Neenah Solar White paper and die cut the circle window in the center.
- Assemble all the elements together using a foam tape for a fun dimensional look.
- Add a few highlights with a white gel pen and a generous coat of a clear glitter pen.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this sweet spring card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!