Hello and welcome to Day 3 of the Newton’s Nook March release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I cannot wait to share with you all the stunning new spring themed products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new March products will be available for purchase on Friday, March 24th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
On the third day of the March release week I’m so excited to introduce you the gorgeous floral illustration from new Spring Blooms Oval Stamp Set! As you may guess, it’s another addition to the NND Oval Card Front collection! And that meant it’s perfectly coordinates with the previously released Oval Frames Die Set!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Spring Blooms Oval stamp set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
On my stop of this hop you will find a fun shaker card with a see through window! I fussy cut the beautiful floral illustration from new Spring Blooms Oval Stamp Set by hand and popped it on a thick foam tape to create a raised shaker element in the center of the card front!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Stamp the big floral illustration from Spring Blooms Oval Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah Solar White paper. If you use a stamping positioning tool, ink and impress the stamp a couple of times to achieve solid black outlines.
- Fussy cut the stamp with the sharp small scissors right against the stamp lines.
- Color the stamps with COPIC MARKERS. I used on this card:
- yellow Y0000-Y000-Y00-Y11-Y13-Y18-Y35-Y38
- orange YR0000-YR000-YR00-YR02-YR04-YR09
- pink RV000-Rv00-RV10-RV13-RV14
- violet RV0000-RV000-RV52-RV55
- green G0000-G12-G14-G16
- Paint the edges of the stamp with a black brush nib marker to hide any imperfection due to the fussy cutting.
- Die cut the oval from a clear acetate, using Oval Frames Die Set and Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting machine.
- Glue the acetate from the back side of the colored image, then add Heffy Doodle 3mm Deep Foam Tape around the edge to create a shaker window.
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Trim a slightly smaller rectangle from the same Neenah Solar White paper for the background.
- Secure the Quatrefoil Stencil with a low tack tape on the background piece and ink it with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide ink, using a blending brush.
- Stamp the sentiment in the center of the background with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card base, by popping them on a foam tape for a fun dimensional look. Don’t forget to fill the shaker window with some clear sparkling sequins before adhering it to the background.
Would you like to win the “Spring Blooms Oval” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday March 23rd at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the blog post on Friday, March 24th.
Check out all the awesome Design Team Blogs below to enter:
That’s all for today! Hope you like these fun shaker card! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!