Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Newton’s Nook Halloween release! Thanks so much for joining me today! I’m so excited to introduce you all the stunning new products that the NND Design Team and I will be sharing throughout this week!
Please note that all the new Halloween products will be available for purchase on Thursday, September 14th at Newton’s Nook Designs online store and other craft retailers!
The first day of the Halloween reveals has reserved us SO MANY fabulous craft products that will suit everybody’s taste whether you’re a stamper or a hot foil geek or a pattern paper fan or an obsessed ink blender!!! To start, we have a wonderful Halloween Apothecary Stamp Set that coordinates with Labels Hot Foil Plates & Dies. Next come Spooky Sentiments Hot Foil Plates and Spiderweb Hot Foil Plate as another fantastic addition to the NND hot foil collection. And finally, there is Halloween Time Paper Pad filled with so many amazing and colorful designs!!!
Giveaway alert!! NND is giving away new Apothecary Labels Stamp Set to a lucky winner so make sure you read all the way to the bottom of this post to see how to win!
New Halloween labels are certainly perfect to create quick and yet special treats for your friends and family! And I’m going to use them myself for sure to create some little sweet treats! However, today I came up with a fun Halloween card that features all the labels arranged on the card front in a simple layout!
Step By Step Instructions:
- Trim and score an extended A2 size card base (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) from Neenah Solar White paper. I used Tim Holtz Maxi Guillotine Trimmer and Mini Score Board.
- Die cut a bunch of colorful labels, using Labels Hot Foil Plate & Dies and Spellbinders Platinum 6 Die Cutting Machine or Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. I chose:
- Stamp some labels with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, using Halloween Apothecary Stamp Set and the stamping positioning tool. I like to ink and impress the stamp a couple of times to achieve a crisp black image.
- Hot foil the Spiderweb Hot Foil Plate and Labels Hot Foil Plates on some labels, following the instructions of your hot foil system. You will need both a hot foil system and a die cutting machine for this step. I used:
- Heat emboss in silver onto black the central label, using VersaMark clear sticky ink. Don’t forget to prep the paper with a Powder Tool Applicator to prevent the embossing powder to stick where you don’t want it!
- Arrange and glue in place all the elements on the card front by popping them on a foam tape for a bit of dimension.
- Finish with a couple matching of enamel dots.
Would you like to win the “Halloween Apothecary” Stamp Set? This stamp set will be given away to ONE lucky winner!
Here’s how to win: Comment on the NND blog and Design Team blogs (see list below)! The winner will be chosen at random from the collective reveal posts. Make sure to check out each of their blogs and comment for your chance to win. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning! You have until Thursday September 14th at 9pm ET to comment — winners will be announced on the NND blog post on Friday, September 15th.
That’s all for today! Hope you like this fun card with apothecary labels! Thanks so much for stopping by and have a fabulous day!